Tuesday 29 April 2014

Composite Photo Critique



   The artist of this composite photo is named Jim Kazanjian. Jim currently lives in Portland, Oregon. In 1990 he recieved his BFA at the Kansas City Art Insitute, then in 1992 he got a MFA from the Art Centre College of Design. Jim is currently working at the Logic Factory. I think this work was done by photo shopping with a lot of different layers. I think the black and white affect was necessary because there's so many different layers and colours added in to the photo, having that affect makes it look more even. I think the original photo is the old abandond house. I think the scenry around the house was added into the photo for example the sky and tree's. I especially think the snow was added into the photo considering there is no snow on the house but there is a lot on the ground. I think the results is very pleasing, it's very interesting to look at, the building is neat looking. It's very gloomy and cool looking.

1 comment:

  1. Morgan, you picked a very well known and skilled artist. It;s pretty amazing work eh? Now you are all caught up again. I hope you're feeling better and can put your full energy into this task.

    ReplyDelete