Friday 2 May 2014

Composite Photo

Before
The sky I used
The bird I used
The ship wreck I used

Title: Storm Watcher

The composite photo is made out of a few photos. Firstly, I used a photo I took in Couzmel, Mexico on a beautiful beach. I love this photo because it's so bright and the beach landscape is very attractive looking. Once I decided to use this photo I isntantly knew I wanted to put in a crazy looking sky. I thought a stormy sky would best suit the photo. Once I inserted the sky I liked I had a few problems I had to overcome. My first problem was that my horizon line was off centre so I fixed that first. The second problem I had while inserting the sky was that it didn't quite look appealing, to make it look like it belonged to the photo I had to change the hue and saturation. I wanted to change the saturation to look purple because it represents imaginative and creative and I wanted my landscape photo to portray that vibe. Then I changed the water in the orginal photo to match the sky because that would make it more realistic looking because the colour of the ocean is a reflection of the colour of the sky. Another thing I did to my landscape was I inserted a huge huntch backed bird into my photo, I decided to do that because I thought it was a strange looking bird and I wanted it to have some kind of creature obserbving the storm in my landscape. I thought the bird sitting on the palm tree watching the storm was effective. I love how the bird has a huntch back because anaimals tend to huntch their backs when they are frightened. I wanted the storm to be intimdating so having the bird with a huntched back makes you look at the landscape as if it's scarier. Lastly, I inserted a photo I also took of a ship wreck. To make the ship look more like it's sinking I added a square of my purple water around my ship and used my eraser tool to make waves around the front of the boat. I decided to do this because I thought it would best suit my photo because I wanted to give off a storm, I think the ship wreck ties it all together because it's a stormy day with a scared huntched backed bird watching a ship wreck sink, meanwhile, there's a crazy stormy sky.

3 comments:

  1. It's Saturday at 5:49 and once again you've forgotten to post your reflection. Sigh. You were also asked to show all the component images and I only see the ground. I know you weren't feeling 100% this week but I am concerned that while everyone else's work is getting better, you are falling behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting comment. Morgan let's discuss this tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgan, I am impressed that you took the time to improve this assignment. I have noted a couple minor spelling/grammar issues on the rubric for you. The image itself shows a good level of skill and meets the criteria for this task. Start getting your thoughts together for the Culminating Portfolio. I need to see your best images showing a wide range of techniques.

    ReplyDelete